SWIL participates in many forms of games. Generally, they come in three types:
fluffy, heavy, and physical.
Fluffy games are generally card games or light board games. These are a few examples:
Fluffy games are generally played in the early evening, before the real heavy gaming
- Fantan--a simple card game which we have added many varients to.
- Casino--a simple card game which we have added some varients to.
- The Sweedish Goat Game--a rather complex card game.
- Dutch Blitz--basically, 4 player Camfield.
- The Great Dalmuti--a Wizards of the Coast card game.
- Perpetual Notion--a fun game by Pressman.
- Telephone pictionary--Combining the children's game of telephone with, well, pictionary.
- Adle Verpflichtet--By Hook or Crook. An Avalon Hill game that is too complexly simple to
- and many, many others.......
Heavy games are usually started later in the evening and will go on for anywhere between one
and a half to five hours. Games that fall in this category are:
These games are generally on the serious side and the competition is fierce, for the most
- Cosmic Enounter--Mayfair's game that break's its own rules.
- Merchent of Venus
- Settlers of Catan--Mayfair's latest hit game.
- Iron Dragon--a railroad game.
- Axis and Allies--WWII strategy game.
- Deckmaster &c.--Magic, Vampire, Xenophile, etc.
- ....and a few others.
SWIL has two physical games that it plays every so often. The first is Wink, a game of casual
kissing and a Quaker War Game. The second is Full-Contact Red Light, green Light, in which
anything goes so long as It dosn't see you move.
For more information for some of the companies listed above, visit our Gaming Links page.
For more in-depth descriptions of some of these games, visit Melissa Binde's games page.
Back to home page